miércoles, 9 de julio de 2008

The ladybug lands in Granada, Nicaragua!

Hello friends!

The ladybug is currently typing away at a computer in beautiful Granada, Nicaragua! It was quite a chore to get here, but in the end everything worked out just fine. So, where did I leave you last?

The Fourth of July! This Fourth was the best Fourth in the history of Fourths except for perhaps when the Declaration of Independence was adopted by our government. We first started the day by going to these small waterfalls that created a perfect deep swimming pool surrounded by rocks. The water was so beautiful! It was nice and cool too, which felt so good on a sticky humid day in Costa Rica. Also, above the natural pool was a rope swing that we all (mostly) used to jump into the water. It was sooooo high up in the air! When I swung off I was 20 feet above the water before the dive. We stayed here for a while, just swimming around, hanging out with other visitors, and watching local Tico boys swing about 30 feet in the air, AND they were doing back flips and crazy diving twirls.

After swimming we had a pizza lunch and then geared up to go zip-lining. Zip-lining was so much fun! The cables were incredibly high in the air, and the views were spectacular. From the zip-line we could see waterfalls and ravines through the jungle with the volcano in the background. I have never done anything like it.

After zip-lining back and forth through the canopy we rode on horses down the mountain. It was difficult though because it was raining heavy and my feet kept sliding in the stirrups. Luckily, I held on, and even was able to trot quickly ahead of the group.

After horseback riding we headed out to the natural hot springs near the base of Arenal. Unfortunately, I really did not like the hot springs. It was nothing like I expected. I thought I was going to be sitting in a mud pit in the middle of the jungle, but instead it was this fancy schmancy uber-expensive resort that had made pools for the hot springs to fill. Boring, wasteful, and I couldn´t buy anything because it was all priced far above my budget.

Finally, we left the hot springs, I grabbed some grub which hurt my stomach (I don´t think that fettuccine Alfredo with seafood is supposed to look slightly neon yellow) and then passed out after an incredibly busy day!

So, I´m going to go back to my hammock here in the hotel, but I will fill you in on the excitement that transpired previously when I have some time tomorrow. Hint- it involves me skinning a pig.

Love,

Ceci

No hay comentarios: