sábado, 12 de julio de 2008

The ladybug gets sick

Hi!

Sorry for the intermission. So after the hike we were hanging out at Alejandro´s café when we all realized that everyone was getting sick at the exact same moment. Apparently half of our group (including me) could not keep our food in our stomachs. We were in this beautiful place and yet all we were doing was vomiting on it. It was not pleasant. So, plans were cancelled promptly and the bus came to shuttle us back to the hotel as quickly as possible. Everyone was saying that we had gotten food poisoning from the breakfast but Marel (a friend of mine in the group who had gotten way sicker than me) and I were very skeptical. So instead of going back to the hotel, we went to a Costa Rican clinic. Fun times. Rose came with us because she wasn’t sick, and she is fluent in Spanish, and she is just awesome. We got to the clinic and I was really surprised at how clean the place was. After Rose ran around the clinic figuring out the paperwork situation, Marel and I laid down on benches trying to not be nauseous. Finally everything was squared away with paperwork and I was called in to see the doctor on duty. I was really surprised that they didn’t take any medical stats of mine such as blood pressure, but wasn’t too concerned with it. Alter listening to all of my symptoms, feeling my stomach (which hurt like hell at the slightest touch), he deduced that I probably had gotten a bacterial parasite from the pig. Although the tests were offered at the hospital, he suggested I just take the antibiotics because he had seen many people with my condition before, and even if hadn’t gotten the bacterial parasite yet, it was important to take antibiotics in case it got stronger. So I agreed, went back to waiting while Marel consulted with him, and then we waited around for forever because true to Latin America there were mistakes in our paperwork and they had to redo it all. Finally, I got called back, they gave me two shots, one for the pain and one for the nausea, I got my antibiotics, and we were finally able to leave. In all I am really glad that I went to the hospital because I have felt great and I know that nothing is going to sneak up on me later.

Ok, tired of typing. More catching up very soon.

Love,
Ceci

No hay comentarios: