miércoles, 2 de julio de 2008

The ladybug is fluttering to Nicaragua

Hello again!

I only have a little bit of news- today I met with three lawyers here in Heredia who told me and Rose that all of the Human Rights Laws that are supposed to protect workers are never enforced, especially for immigrants. This was interesting, because so far all of the coffee farm owners and some workers have told us that they have lots of benefits and labor rights. The lawyers are printing out copies of the laws surrounding Human Rights issues and labor, and I am going back to pick them up around five.

Other than that, no more news. Oh! I learned how to dance salsa and meringue in a free dance class at the Intercultura. I have been improvising this whole time, but apparently I only had to improve a few things in the basic steps. When fall quarter starts I think I might register for a salsa dance class to perfect my step.

Tomorrow we leave for Nicaragua! We are going water rafting and ziplining on the way up to the border. As soon as I get to an internet café, I will fill you in on all of the fun.

Ciao!
Ceci

No hay comentarios: