jueves, 19 de junio de 2008

The Trip Continues

Hello All,

I am currently in a hostel called Rocking J's in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica! Yesterday my traveling companions and I took a looooong bus ride here. Luckily, we have managed to find everyone who is supposed to be traveling with us. Although half of our group were all traveling separately and at odd times, we have run into everyone that should be together.

Puerto Viejo is incredibly beautiful. The beaches are long and sandy with huge waves of warm water. The hostel is covered in mosaics and is open with no walls, just supporting beams holding the roofs, and hammocks are strung up everywhere. It's really hot and humid, but I think I am starting to get acclimated. I'm even starting to understand a little Spanish, but only because most of my traveling friends are fluent. We met a traveler from Holand, Merel, who is really fun and nice. She has been traveling in Latin America for the past 5 months! And she is only 18!

Gotta say, I don't miss Seattle's weather. Trade-off: I have a ton of mosquito bites.

More to come soon!

Love,
Ceci

P.S. I bought a pair of earrings today that are handmade out of coconut and they have an etching of a ladybug in each one!

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

yip! sounds like you're having the time of your life. You know samantha is living in costa rica right now, doing some organic farming thingy. I'll find out where she's stayin' and working and I'll let you know. Hvae a wonderful adventure!